A great twist on fish fingers, these tofu fingers are seriously tasty with a satisfying crunch.
- 400g smoked tofu (2 x 100g pieces each) patted really dry in kitchen towel
- 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- ground pepper
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 4 medium eggs
- 300g Panko breadcrumbs
- 50mls any oil
- To Serve, any or all of these: Wraps, white bread, soft salted butter, thinly sliced tomato, finely shredded Iceberg lettuce, mayonnaise, ketchup, Siracha.
- Spoon a little miso sauce over each of the pieces of tofu, then a little ground pepper.
- Dust each one lightly in cornflour and remove any excess.
- Dip or brush each piece of tofu with beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs, press down well and chill well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the fingers gently for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I don’t add any extra salt, as you have sauces to compensate.
- Prepare your bread or wrap to your specification.
- Add the fingers and eat.