Try these delicious Indian sweets in celebration of Diwali ...
- 200g (7oz) milk powder
- 170g can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1tbsp butter
- 55g (2oz) desiccated coconut
- 1tsp ground cardamom or nutmeg
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- To finish; toasted coconut
- Mix the milk powder and evaporated milk in a bowl until it forms a thick and crumbly paste.
- Heat the butter over a low heat for a few minutes, stir in the coconut and toast for a few minutes, stirring and watching the mixture to prevent the coconut from burning.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and the milk mixture. The mix will be solid to start with and will soften as you continue to heat it. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to come away from the sides.
- Pour into a non-stick tray, spread to a 2cm (¾") thickness and sprinkle with toasted coconut. To finish, cut into diamonds when cool. Alternatively roll into approx 20 balls and roll in toasted coconut.