Cream, raspberries and meringue folded together for one super scrumptious dessert ... watch Phil make this on film ... "
- 2 roses, perfumed if possible
- 1tsp rosewater
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3tbsp icing sugar
- 225g (8oz) fresh or frozen raspberries., defrosted
- 2 large meringues, crushed but not too small
- Half a 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light or 170g tube
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 300ml carton whipping cream, softly whipped
- Pick the rose petals from the stalks.
- Roughly chop the petals and place in a small bowl with the rosewater, lemon juice and icing sugar and leave for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand blender whiz the mixture to a chunky puree, leaving small pieces of rose petal visible.
- Reserve a few raspberries for the top and slightly crush the rest in a large bowl.
- Add the crushed meringues and stir through gently.
- Drizzle half the can of condensed milk over the mixture.
- Carefully whip the vanilla into the cream, taking care not to over beat and then fold into the other ingredients.
- Layer the meringue mixture into 4 serving dishes with the rose petal sauce, ending with the reserved raspberries for the top.