A crisp, light salsa goes with most BBQ meats or fish. If you can chill for a couple of hours than all the better.
- ½ small watermelon small chunks, skin and seeds removed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3-4 tsp castor sugar
- finely zest juice 2 large limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the watermelon, onion, chilli, coriander and mint together into a bowl and really mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the vinegar, sugar, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper, again mix well.
- Mix the two together well and chill well, best about 1 hour.
- After that taste and adjust if needed with salt and pepper, also sugar and vinegar balance may need tweaking slightly.
- Serve well chilled.