Phil takes the challenge and creates some interesting recipes on the spot from ingredients brought in by celebrity guests.
- 1 x 425g can pilchards in brine, drained
- 8 slices white bread
- squeeze lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ x 425g can Borlotti beans well drained
- strained brine from the can above
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- dash vinegar
- 50g unsalted butter
- Place the brine, onion, garlic, pepper, and vinegar into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce by half, then add the butter, re boil and remove from the heat, stir until all the butter has homogenised, then add the beans and warm through, keep warm.
- Roll out the bread with a rolling pin.
- Place a pilchard onto each piece of bread and roll up, trim the ends, press down slightly.
- Heat the olive oil, then dust the rolls with a little pepper.
- Cook gently for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the warm pilchards on a nice spoon of stew.