Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 10-12 mins
- 500g pork loin fillet, no fat or silver sinew, cut into 8-12 slices
- 1 medium egg white
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, very finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 8 spring (or a small bunch) onions, sliced finely
- 6 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Whisk the egg white and cornflour together briefly with a pinch of salt.
- Place the peppers and onion into a saucepan with a pinch of salt, cover with water and bring to the boil, immediately strain leave to cool.
- Heat a wok or non stick frying pan with 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add half the chopped pork and stir fry until nicely coloured, remove from the pan or wok.
- Repeat the process until the pork is all sealed, keep warm.
- Wipe out the wok with kitchen towel, re heat with 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add the cooled peppers, garlic and spring onions, and stir fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until softened and coloured.
- Add the pork and the soy sauce, and stir well, then and any juice left over from the plate.