Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 25-30 mins
- 8 rings canned pineapple, drained really well
- 200g castor sugar
- 6-8 heads fresh lavender
- 3 medium eggs, room temperature
- 100g castor sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 125g melted unsalted butter
- Place the 200g sugar into a medium sized non-stick frying pan add a little water and cook over a moderate heat to melt the sugar then it will turn to a light caramel.
- Carefully pour the caramel into a 28cm x 24cm non-stick baking tray and spread evenly, them leave to cool.
- Once cooled place the pineapple rings onto the cooled caramel, the fill the centres with the picked lavender.
- Place the eggs and sugar together and whisk until light ribbon stage.
- Add the flour and then the melted butter and mix gently.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and lavender
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and well risen.
- Once out of the oven leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out carefully.
- Eat warm with ice cream or crème fraîche or both…….