Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 50 mins
- 150g haddock fillet
- 200g salmon fillet
- 8 freshwater prawns, shelled and roughly chopped
- 1 pint full cream milk, 4% fat
- 1 x 10g fish stock cube
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 white button mushrooms finely sliced
- 4 to 5 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 100g sweetcorn, well drained
- 100g cooked peas
- 2 medium hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 600g cooked and warm mashed potatoes (made from 1kg raw potato)
- 200 mls milk, roughly
- 50g salted butter
- 150g finely chopped pepperdew peppers
- 150g Panko breadcrumbs
- Optional Extra Toppings
- roughly grated Red Leicester cheese
- 150g sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- Place the haddock and salmon together into a saucepan, add the milk and crumbled stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Remove and leave for 5 minutes, do not overcook.
- Once cooked, drain well in a colander and keep the milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the 5 tbsp olive oil and cook the onions, garlic and mushrooms for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Once softened add the flour and mustard and mix well.
- Add all the milk to the saucepan and stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens and boils. It needs to be fairly thick.
- Then remove from the heat and add the flaked cooked haddock, prawns, sweetcorn, peas, chopped boiled eggs, dill and parsley.
- Season really well and carefully bring together, trying not to break up the fish.
- Spoon into a 25x 15 x 4cm deep baking dish.
- Make up the mashed potatoes adding the butter and peppers, then spoon over the cooked fish mixture (its best to let the fish cool slightly then the potato will spoon over perfectly)
- Finally top with the breadcrumbs and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes to brown well.