For the mash potato:
- First make the mashed potatoes
- Place the warm mash into a bowl, add the milk and butter and stir well
- Finally add the salt and pepper and mix well
- You may need to add a little more milk to get a smooth, but not runny mash cover and keep warm.
For the Posh Onion Gravy:
- Heat the oil, then add the onions and cook for 15 minutes to soften
- Add the wine and thyme and cook down until almost evaporated
- Add the flour and mix well
- Add the stock, jelly and cook gently for 20 minutes or until cooked and thickened
- Season well with salt and pepper, serve
For the sausages:
- Pre-heat a grill, oven or frying pan and cook the sausages well.