- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 6 Cumberland sausages, chopped into very small pieces
- 150g cooked frozen peas
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 100g finely grated mature cheddar cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes well, make a thin incision around the potatoes.
- Place in the oven, cook for 1 hour or until soft and with crunchy skins.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions and sausage and cook over a low to soften.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half lengthways, spoon the hot potato into a bowl. Keep the skins intact.
- Add the onions, sausage, peas and to the potatoes add a little salt and pepper and mix carefully, do not puree.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells piling nice and high.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop under a hot grill to glaze nicely.