This is probably my favourite potato dish, apart from a steaming bowl of freshly dug, boiled new potatoes smothered in fresh mint butter.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and finely chopped
- 6 sausages, chopped into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes well and place in the oven, cook for 1 hour or until soft and with crunchy skins.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions and sausage garlic and cook over a low to soften.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half lengthways, spoon the hot potato into a bowl. Keep the skins intact.
- Add the onions and sausage to the potatoes add a little salt and pepper and mix carefully, do not puree.
- Spoon the mixture back into the shells piling nice and high.
- Pop under a grill or in a hot oven to brown slightly and serve with fruity brown sauce.
- Serve 2 halves per person.