Lean and tasty Turkey mince makes a great alternative to traditional burgers. I prefer using leg meat to get even more delicious flavours.
- 500g minced turkey (leg if possible)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp shop bought mayo
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 150g Gruyere cheese cut into small slices
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Relish
- 5 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- ½ small red onion, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- juice 2 large limes
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch sugar
- Place the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Mix really well, then add the seasonings, and bread crumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten, once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, the flatten slightly into small patties, then place a few small pieces of cheese in the centre and reform into a ball and flatten. Seal well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then add the burgers, cook for a couple of minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Make up the relish and serve with the burgers.