- 500g minced turkey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp shop bought mayo
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1⁄2 medium egg white, lightly beaten
- 150g Gruyere cheese cut into small slices
- 2 tbsp bredcrumbs
- 4 tbsp oil
- Ground phite pepper
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- Juice 1 large lime
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
Place the turkey, mayo, basil, Worcester sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
Mix really well, then add the seasonings, and bread crumbs and mix well again.
Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten, once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
Mould into 4 or 6 balls, the flatten slightly into small patties, then place a small piece of cheese in the centre and reform into a ball and flatten.
Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan, than add the burgers, cook for a couple of minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Make up the relish and serve with the burgers.