An easy one tray supper, perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 1 x 700g middle fillet of salmon, on the skin but scaled, no pin bones
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 385g can sweetcorn, drained well
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 20 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 3 fresh limes
- 1 x 200g bag baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3-4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3-4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp Holly’s honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C gas 8.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil into a wok or deep frying or sauté pan.
- Add the sweetcorn, red onion and chilli then sauté quickly over a high heat until they take a little colour. (this can be done way in advance)
- Spoon into a baking tray sprinkle over the spinach and place in the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes, roughly.
- At the 10-12-minute point add the tomatoes and top with the seasoned salmon fillet.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and bake in the hot oven for a further 10 minutes, do not overcook.
- When the salmon is still half cooked remove the tray from the oven cover with foil and leave for 15 minutes.
- Mix the coriander, mint, crème fraiche and runny honey together well and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully lift off the salmon with 2 fish slices (it’s very important you do not overcook the salmon)
- Stir in the crème fraiche herb mix into the cooked veg.
- Spoon the salmon into small deep bowls and top with the vegetable mix.