This rich soup blends the flavours of garden fresh basil and oven roasted tomatoes.
- 800g ripe, tasty vine tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 10g vegetable stock cubes
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 100mls single cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree and olive oil onto a baking tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes to shrivel up by roughly half (this deepens the flavour)
- Once cooked place into a saucepan, then add the water, stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then liquidise and pass through a fine sieve.
- Re heat then add a little cornflour/water to thicken slightly, then season well with salt, sugar, vinegar and pepper.
- Add the cream and serve.