In the Oberoi Hotel in Delhi I had something very similar to this served with some tandoori prawns for lunch one day. It was served with the lightest naan bread I have ever eaten, I will never forget it.
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 150g fresh coriander, washed including stalks
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp any sugar
- juice 2 large limes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh red chilli
- 2 tbsp any oil
- Place the coconut into a shallow saucepan and gently toast over a medium heat until golden brown.
- Next place the coconut, coriander, garlic, sugar, lime juice, chilli, oil into a food processor.
- Blitz until, you have nice puree bit don’t go mad. Yi may need to add a little water to get things going.
- Once pureed spoon into a bowl and season with salt.