- 250g self raising flour
- pinch or two of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 300mls milk approx.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 thin rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthways
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the flour and salt, in a bowl mix well.
- Add the egg and enough milk and bring together to form a thick batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non stick frying pan and add 2-3 spoons of mixture to the pan.
- After 2 minutes, flip over with a spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes. Repeat the process until all the mixture is cooked.
- Wipe out the pan, then add the bacon, no fat and cook for 7-8 minutes, then flip over. Cook for a further 45 minutes or until crispy, drain well.
- Add the bananas to pan and warm through, but do not overcook.
- Serve the warm pancakes topped with the banana and bacon then drizzle over a little maple syrup and serve.