Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 40 '96 50 mins
- 4 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 500g beef mince
- best with a 20% fat content
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp paprika, optional
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in sauce
- 2 glasses of water
- say 300mls roughly
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 x 400g cooked black eyed peas, drained
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and soften.
- Add the mince and break up well with a wooden spoon. Then cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown nicely.
- Next add the spices, herbs, tomatoes, water, puree and sugar.
- Mix well and taste adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Finally add the drained beans and cook for 30-40 minutes, gently.
- Serve with cornbread and tuck in.