- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, or vine tomatoes
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 50ml good olive oil
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch or two garam marsala
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 gas 1.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways.
- Place a cooling rack securely on top of a shallow baking tin and arrange the tomatoes on top, cut side up close together.
- Stir together the vinegar, olive oil and caster sugar.
- Spoon the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours or until half dehydrated or until the tomatoes have shrunk in size by about half.
- Re-brush with the vinegar mix and leave to cool