Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 1 medium white hard or red cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- salt and coarse ground black pepper
- For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100mls white wine
- 2 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp whipping cream
- 75g cold butter, in small cubes
- 75g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1 small bunch chives, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp hazelnut oil, optional
- Place the vinegar, white wine, shallots, salt and pepper into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cook down until you have about 2-3 tbsp left.
- Pop in the cream and bring to the boil again cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter in small cubes whisking all the time.
- The sauce will thicken naturally.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if needed, add the chopped roasted hazelnuts and oil if using and whisk in. Keep warm and covered.
- Add the chives at the last minute to keep their colour.
- Next, place the wedges of cabbage on a microwavable plate, dust with salt and pepper, then add a little water.
- Cover with cling film, make a small hole on the top.
- Cook in the microwave on high power for 3 minutes, leave for 1 minute then cook again for a further 2 minutes, then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, lay the cooked drained wedges onto an oblong serving plate, spoon over the butter sauce at the last minute.