Pefect for a summer afternoon tea, but if its still raining this is a great consolation and will bring back memories of better weather.
- 1 x 500g ripe firm strawberries, halved
- 200g self raising flour
- 150g light brown sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 180mls milk
- 125mls extra virgin olive oil
- 150g flaked almonds
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C gas 5.
- Place the brown sugar, flour and ground almonds into a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the milk, egg and oil together well, then add to the flour and sugar but don’t overwork the mixture.
- Spoon half the mix into a 24cm x 18cm x 4cm deep tray parchment lined baking tray.
- Dot over the strawberries, then spoon over the rest of the cake mix.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until well browned and risen.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a tray, cut and serve with cream and extra strawberry sauce