For the Rhubarb Compote
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 1 tbsp any oil
- 50g finely chopped fresh ginger
- 50g minced lemon grass (jarred in oil)
- 500g rhubarb, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 100g castor sugar, roughly
- 100ms water
- 2 tsp cornflour or arrowroot
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Heat the oil and add the ginger and garlic and soften for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb, sugar and 100mls water and stew gently until you have a nice thick stew.
- Add the 2tbsp water to the starch and bring together.
- Stir into the simmering stew and it will thicken slightly.
- Cool and use.