A fantastic summer dessert - the strawberries beneath the cheesecake layer looks stunning when cut, whilst the base adds its own beguiling texture and flavour. Try using blueberries or raspberries instead and you've got three deliciously different puddings in one recipe!
- 180g crushed Rich Tea biscuits
- 30g melted salted butter
- 500g large strawberries
- 200g cream cheese at room temperature
- 150g maple syrup
- 5 leaves gelatine (8g)
- 2 egg whites
- pinch cream tartar
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 200mls whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Mix the biscuits and butter together lightly and press into a 19cm x 7cm deep loose bottomed cake tin lined with cling film, so its under the biscuit base, but inside the cake tin.
- Cut half strawberries and place the cut side against the cling film, then chill well.
- Place the leaf gelatine into a bowl and cover with cold water, leave for 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile place the cream cheese (room temperature) and maple syrup into a mixing bowl and whisk for 10 minutes.
- Right you need to work fairly quickly from now on of the gelatine will set.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar.
- Lightly melt the gelatine and 1 tbsp of the cold water whisk into then cream cheese, straight away fold in the cream and egg whites and spoon into the prepared tin cover with cling film and chill well.
- Serve with the rest of the strawberries and a little strawberry sauce.