With a little help from my good friend Ken Hom here is a classic Asian dish that will tingle your taste buds.
- 350g mange tout (snow peas), blanched and refreshed in cold water, well drained
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 50ml (2 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 55g (2 oz) peeled, crushed, toasted hazelnuts
- 175g cubed, tofu
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cut the chill in half lengthways and take out the seeds, chop the flesh finely and
mix into the olive oil.
- Heat the wok over a medium heat, add the chilli and olive oil, cook for 2 minutes
- Straight away add the mangetout, stir-fry for about 4 minutes until just tender.
- Add the hazelnuts, tofu and black bean sauce and just warm through.
- Finally stir in the coriander and season well.