A great way to enjoy asparagus with a easten twist.
- 4 tbsp any oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 400g English asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces
- 12 freshwater prawns, defrosted and peeled
- 2 pak choy, roughly shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- pinch sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic sizzle for a minute or two.
- Add the prawns and cook for 1 minute, then add the asparagus and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pak choy, soy, mirin and vinegar and cook for 1-2 minutes to wilt the pak choy.
- Season and serve.