- 350g natural smoked haddock
- 100g unsalted butter
- 6 spring onions, sliced into 2cm pieces on a long angle
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- pinch or two curry powder
- 2 x 250g packets microwave Basmati rice, one plain one brown rice, reheated
- 100g cooked frozen peas
- 10 medium asparagus spears, griddled and sliced into 2cm pieces on a long angle
- 6 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled and roughly chopped
- 4-5 tbsp crème fraiche (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the skinned haddock into a bowl, pour over boiling water and immediately cover with cling film leave for 6-8 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the spring onions and cook for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and a pinch or two of curry powder and just soften 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the warmed rice, peas, asparagus, parsley and mix well.
- Drain the haddock well, and then flake into nice pieces, not too small.
- Add the haddock, eggs and crème fraiche, season well with salt and pepper.