Prep Time: 25 mins
Ready in: 35-40 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 6 tbsp any oil
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed bone in
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour 600mls strong chicken stock
- 200g thin baby carrots, washed really well (you can blanch first if you want)
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 2 little Gem lettuce cut into quarters
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil then add the seasoned chicken thighs and brown well.
- Remove the chicken and brown the lettuce wedges quickly in the chicken and oil, remove.
- Finally add the onions and garlic and again sauté quickly, then add a little flour to soak up the oil.
- Add the stock and bring to the simmer, add the chicken thighs, carrots, peas, beans and lettuce.
- Bring to the simmer, cover and pop into the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until the chicken and carrots are just cooked.
- Lift out of the oven and serve with crusty French bread.