Crunchy and packed full of flavours and ideal for sharing.
- 180g bag baby spinach
- knob of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heaped teaspoons green basil pesto
- 125g ball of mozzarella
- 2 sheets Filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Saute the spinach in a little butter until wilted. Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper, you want to squeeze as much fo the excess moisture away. Season with salt and pepper
- Place into a bowl and add the pesto, chopped mozzarella and if the mixture feels a little wet a few dried breadcumbs can be added
- Lie the filo pastry bruch all over with melted butter, place the filling across the base of the filo pastry sheet.
- Roll up into a cigar shape and fold the ends underneath
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes