What could be more romantic than sharing succulent pasta by candlelight
- 170g (raw weight) taglierini, cooked and warm with a dash of oil to stop sticking together
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 small jar peppers, drained (170g)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes in juice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 150g Atlantic cooked prawns, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and chilli, the cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, liquidise the peppers and stock cube and place into the cooking onions, garlic and chilli.
- Heat through and simmer for 5-6 minutes to thicken slightly.Just before serving add the prawns and warm for 1 minute, then add the pasta and basil and stir though.