Prep Time: 15
Ready in: 15-20 mins
- Base Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe tomatoe, chopped
- Pot Pie
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 200g brown cap mushrooms
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- 200g cooked green beans
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 x 30cm square ready rolled puff paste, cut into 4 squares.
- Heat the oil in a medium wok.
- Add the spices (apart from the paprika) and cook for 20-30 seconds, do not burn.
- Add the potatoes and mix well, season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the paprika and spinach and cover with a lid.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add the tomatoes stir well and re season.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- Heat the oil and add the ginger and mushrooms and take a little colour.
- Add the base mix from above and stir well.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste and bring to simmer.
- Thicken with a little cornflour and water, then add the beans and coriander, season well.
- Place into 4 ovenproof dishes.
- Lightly egg the top of the dish and lay over squares of pastry, press and seal well.
- Brush with beaten egg and make a small incision.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake the pies until nicely browned and piping hot, probably 20 minutes.