Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 40 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 6 medium sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 6 lengthways
- 6 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into 4 lengthways
- 100mls veg oil
- juice and finely grated zest 1 small orange and 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- couple pinches mild curry powder
- 2 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190° C, gas 5.
- Place the oil into a deep baking tray.
- Place the carrots and parsnips together into a large pan, cover with cold water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, simmer for 1 minute then strain carefully in a colander.
- Meanwhile place the baking tray of oil into the pre heated oven until hot and slightly smoking.
- Remove from the oven and carefully add the parsnips and carrots, try and keep them all in line, its easier to turn them.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and the curry powder, the curry powder replaces the pepper, so go careful.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then carefully turn them over and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Once browned and cooked, finally drizzle over the maple syrup and orange zest and juice return to the oven for about 5-10 minutes to glaze and evaporate.
- Take care at this point or they will burn.