Prep Time: 15
Ready in: 15-20 mins
- Base Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe tomatoe, chopped
- Kale Sprout Cakes
- 1 pack kale/sprouts, cooked and refreshed
- 6-8 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 8 spicy pepperdew peppers, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 eggs
- Heat the oil in a medium wok.
- Add the spices (apart from the paprika) and cook for 20-30 seconds, do not burn.
- Add the potatoes and mix well, season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the paprika and spinach and cover with a lid.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add the tomatoes stir well and re season.
Kale Sprout Cakes
- Cool the base mixture, the crush slightly with a potato masher.
- Roughly chop half the kale/sprouts add the cooled potato mix.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg white mix well then leave for 15 minutes.
- Mould into 8 small cakes, then gently fry in hot oil and butter until lightly browned and warmed through.
- Serve with 1 poached egg on each patty.
- Mix the mayo with the peppers and spoon over the eggs.