From the slopes of the Italian Alps this delight is just divine.
- 1 panettone, cut into 4-6 generous wedges
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon single cream
- 100ml grappa (you could use Sherry, Port or Prosecco)
- fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries or red currants
- To Serve
- Vanilla ice cream
- drizzle of Grappa or alcohol or your choice
- dusting of icing sugar
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk together.
- Pour in the cream and grappa and whisk again.
- Slice the panettone into wedges and soak in the custard.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the panettone until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, the fresh berries and drizzle of grappa or the alcohol of your choice and a dusting of icing sugar.