A delicious roast deserves a fantastic stuffing, and this one certainly packs a flavour punch.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves smoked garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 450g sausage meat
- 100g pinenuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and smoked garlic and cook gently for about 15 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the tarragon, parsley and pinenuts, stir well and remove from the heat then mix in the sausage meat thoroughly.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs and mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Pack into a 15cm square baking dish and bake with the chicken for 1 hour, then remove and cool slightly, serve with the cooked chicken.