Tomatoes are one of the easiest ways to increase your intake of a brain-protecting class of nutrients called carotenoids. They eliminate free radicals which your brain is particularly vulnerable to.
- 6 ripe, tasty tomatoes, at room temperature (if you can leave them in your fruit bowl for 2-3 days even better)
- ½ small red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix well and leave for 10 minutes, serve at room temperature over the tortilla.