Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 2 hours, approx.
- 1 x 2.5kg shoulder of British lamb bone in
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely crushed
- 4 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried mint
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp mint jelly
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Make 6-8 deep incisions right down to the bone with a sharp knife.
- Mix together the garlic, oil, oregano and salt and pepper, really mix well.
- Spread the oil over the lamb, then place in a baking tray on scrunched up foil.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes to brown slightly, the reduce the heat to 180C gas 4. Cook for a further 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once you get to the 1 hour 15-minute stage remove the tray from the oven.
- Turn the oven up to 220C gas 6 again.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze well and spoon all over the lamb.
- Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, to glaze nicely.
- Once cooked remove the lamb, cover with foil and leave to rest for 35-40 minutes.
- Carve and serve.