- 4 chicken thighs, removed from the bone and skin discarded
- 2 tsp of Chinese five spice
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed then really finely pasted
- 1 tbsp soy or tamari
- vegetable oil
- 150g cornflour
- 1 small egg white
- lightly beaten
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh lime zest and juice
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep saucepan to 190° C.
- Cut the chicken into 2 cm slices then toss in the five spice powder.
- Add the garlic soy or tamari and egg white mix well, season well with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Drain the chicken well, then lightly toss the chicken in the cornflour in small amounts, then straight into hot oil.
- Cook until crispy and well coloured, drain well on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.