If you love love peanut butter, this is the perfect dish for you.
- 2 medium courgettes, grated roughly or cut into very thin strips
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- pinch or two of turmeric
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 50-75mls milk, roughly
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 x 340g jar of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- cold water
- To make the sauce, heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, add the onions and garlic, and then cook for 15 minutes to soften.
- Next add the peanut butter, maple syrup, Tabasco, coriander, vinegar and enough cold water to make a sauce consistency.
- Just warm the whole sauce through, do not boil.
- Adjust the seasoning and cover and keep warm.
- Place the flour and turmeric into a bowl and add the egg and a little milk to make a thick batter.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then add the grated courgette, mix well.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and spoon in 4 small spoonful’s.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Lift out and repeat the process until all the mix has been cooked.
- Serve warm with the peanut sauce.