Makes: 1 large bowl
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
- 2 x 75g packets Instant Bird’s custard
- 350g white chocolate chopped
- 12 trifle sponges
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 100mls dry sherry
- 250g can mandarins, drained
- 750mls double cream, lightly whipped with a little icing sugar and vanilla extract
- 12 glace cherries
- 100g angelica
- grated white chocolate
- Make up the custard to makers instructions with boiling water, then add the white chocolate and mix well until melted.
- Slice the sponges in half horizontally and spread evenly with the jam. Replace the top then cut into small cubes and place half in the bottom of a large bowl, then sprinkle with the sherry.
- Sprinkle over half the mandarins and cover with half the custard/chocolate mix.
- Add the rest of the sponge, then the rest of the fruit and top with the rest of the custard.
- Chill really well, best really overnight.
- When ready to serve whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, do not over whip.
- Pile into the set trifle.
- Sprinkle with plenty of grated chocolate and decorate with piped cream, cherries and nice long spears of angelica.
- Top with a little grated white chocolate and serve.