Sausage rolls with a spicy twist, excellent for picnics.
- 500g ready rolled puff pastry
- 500g chicken thigh meat and skin minced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 150g finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped Thai basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt flakes
- few dried breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together well.
- Place the sheets of pastry on a board and cut 5cm wide strips.
- Brush well with beaten egg.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the meat mix onto the strips, slightly to one side.
- Fold over and seal the edge well.
- Brush again with beaten egg, sprinkle over sesame seeds and sea salt flakes, then chill well.
- Cut into small rolls and cook until browned, crisp and cooked through.