Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 4 x 175g fresh tuna steaks
- 200mls mirin (sweet fermented Japanese rice liqueur)
- 150mls soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 60g fresh mint leaves
- washed well and chopped finely
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 heaped tsp chilli, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice from 1 large lime
- freshly milled pepper
- Place the mint, tomatoes, chilli, garlic, lime juice and zest and olive oil into a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mirin, soy, miso paste, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar together into a saucepan, mix well, and then bring to the boil.
- Lightly oil the tuna steaks, season well with pepper and salt.
- Heat a frying pan, then, sear the steaks for 1 minute on each side, DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Serve with a little chutney and a spoon of the sauce.