I love this dish, the same process will work with all meats, even meats that can be notoriously dry such as pork loin and venison steaks. The coating seals in the moisture making the meat juicy and moist.
- 4 (roughly 150g) of chicken thigh or the equivalent weight of skinned chicken breast, turkey breast slices, pork fillet, leg of lamb slices, topside of beef, venison steaks or even pheasant
- 4-6 tbsp cornflour or arrowroot
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 200g dried breadcrumbs, panko, sage and onion stuffing mix or crushed sweet chilli Dorito’s
- 2-4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 little Gem lettuce
- 1 small bag fresh spinach
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted and dried well
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- pinch sugar, salt and pepper
- Make the salad by chopping all the ingredients nice and small and add then peas. (you should be able to eat the salad with a spoon)
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad, mix well and leave to marinate whilst you prepare and cook the schnitzels.
- Using a large zip lock bag, place the meat between a large piece of clear plastic add a little water and beat out until nice and thin with a rolling pin
- Coat each one in a little cornflour or arrowroot, then beaten egg and breadcrumbs, pat well.
- Fry each one in oil and unsalted butter until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Serve with the salad and possibly a few boiled new potatoes at room temperature.