- Using a very sharp knife, cut the sweetcorn down the centre of each husk, then in half again, making 4 long pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Season the corn well with salt and pepper.
- Place into the warm oil, ear side down.
- Gently sauté until you have a little colour, turn occasionally.
- I sometimes pop the pan into a hot oven (220C gas 7) too cook through.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cool for 5 minutes.
- To eat pick up and bend the corn, makes it so much easier to eat.