The sun is out at the moment but you can't beat a hearty sausage traybake and this is packed with tasty peppers, olives and lentils. So, as the evening start drawing in this a great antidote to that autumnal feeling.
- 2 red peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in 1cm pieces leave the skin on
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2x chicken oxo cubes
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 x 250g tetra packs cooked lentils
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 8 good quality sausages (browned on one side)
- 2-4 tbsp black olive tapenade
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C gas 7.
- Cut and de seed the peppers then cut onto 3cm pieces roughly, then place into a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, oil, oxo cubes, salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Tip into a baking tray, spread over the lentils and the tomatoes.
- Top with the sausages, cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and dot over a little olive tapenade and herbs, serve.