- 500g smoked salmon fillet, sliced into thick pieces or ready sliced
- For the potato Rosti:
- 2 medium-sized waxy, potatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1tbsp oil for frying
- For the marinade:
- a good glug vodka
- 2-3 pinches caraway seeds
- salt & freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- a good glug of apple cider vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
- zest and juice of a lemon
- For the Dressing
- 200ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Vodka
For the Rosti:
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Allow to cool and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and season. Heat half the butter and oil in a small frying pan and then add the grated potato, allow to cook for a couple of minutes and then shape it into a flat cake, pressing down as lightly as possible.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp, then place a plate on top of the pan and flip over.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and, when hot, slide the potato cake back into the pan the other way up. Cook for another 10 minutes then serve.
For the marinade:
- In a bowl combine the vodka, carraway seeds, salt and freshly ground black pepper, walnut oil, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice and mix together.
For the dressing:
- Mix sour cream with chopped dill, chives the cider vinegar and vodka. Mix together well and put to one side.
- Drizzle the marinade over the salmon slices and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the salmon over the warm potato rosti and dot over the herb dressing.