- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, dried
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 red peppers, seeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g sun blush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g Tallegio cheese, in small pieces
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar,
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 200g cooked orzo or similar small pasta, cold
- Pre heat the oven to 200C / Gas 6.
- Toss the chickpeas in half the oil add a little salt and pepper and roast ‘til dried and with a little colour.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil and add the red onions, garlic and pepper pieces, sauté slowly ‘til soft and with a little colour.
- Mix the tomato paste and vinegar together well and add to the peppers when they are finally soft and cook for 1 minute.
- Layer up the jars with pepper mix, cooked oiled Orzo, cheese and then chickpeas, seasoning as you go.
- Chill well.