Prep Time: 40 mins
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 x 24cm x 4cm baked blind shortcrust pastry shell, brushed with egg to seal
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into small florets
- curry powder
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 250g bag baby spinach, wilted in a little oil and drained really well
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 medium eggs
- 600mls milk warmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Place the cauliflower into a baking tray and season well with salt, pepper and a little curry powder and drizzle well with oil and roast in the oven until well coloured, in fact slightly overcook, this intensifies the cauliflower flavour really well. Then cool.
- Turn the oven down to 180C gas 4.
- Spread the spinach evenly into the bottom of the cooked pastry base, then sprinkle over the frozen peas.
- Next pack in the cauliflower, nice and evenly.
- Gently whisk the eggs and warm milk together, then season well with salt, pepper and a little more curry powder.
- Place the quiche onto a baking tray and ¾ fill with the custard.
- Place the tray in the oven and then fill completely once you don’t have to move the tray again.
- Cook until just set about 35-40 minutes.
- Once cooked carefully remove from the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a little fresh mint yoghurt