- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets all the green stalks from the outside of the cauliflower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Place the cauliflower into the tray and drizzle over the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, then add the chopped green stalks and cook for a further 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally so the cauli cooks and takes on a really nice colour.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then use in recipes.