- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 medium onions, peeled and finely sliced
- finely grated zest and juice 2 large lemons
- 2-3 tsp dried oregano
- 4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place the chicken pieces and onions into a large bowl and mix well together well.
- Add the lemon juice (not zest) oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper and again mix well.
- Leave for an hour or so or up to overnight is fine.
- Once marinated really mix well and place into a baking tray and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through (I quite like the onions slightly charred at the edges)
- Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes, then add the lemon zest and mix well.