Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 35 - 40 mins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 350g large flat mushrooms
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g cooked chicken thighs, including skin, chopped
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 small carrots, cooked cut into small pieces
- 500mls chicken gravy roughly, very thick
- 1 x 375g ready rolled short pastry sheet
- beaten egg
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Pre heat the grill to highest setting.
- Place the mushrooms on a tray, season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the oil and grill for 15 minutes so the mushrooms take on a firmer texture. Cool then slice.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas, carrots, mushrooms and mix well.
- Add enough gravy to just bring all the mixture together.
- Spoon into a 270cm x 6.5cm deep oval dish.
- Egg the top of the baking dish, then lay the pastry over, press down well and decorate the edge.
- Egg well, then make 2-3 slits in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool for 10 minutes then cut and eat.
- Serve with pickled red cabbage.